The Camelbak tube is one of the most important parts of the overall system of the hydration reservoir. When the user is thirsty and wants to drink water, all he has to do is grab the tube that is connected to the water reservoir to be able to quench his thirst. There is no need to stop walking or even slow down your adventure just to drink when you are using the hydration packs.
However, as time goes by, the drinking tube tends to get dirty and the need to learn how to clean a Camelbak tube is essential. The reason behind it is that cleaning the tube is difficult and challenging if you do not know the proper way to do it. You also need to have the right cleaning solution and tools to be able to remove the dirt inside the hose properly. If you have the right supplies and the right process, then there is no reason not to clean the Camelbak tube thoroughly.
The Cleaning Essentials
To be able to clean the Camelbak tube, you need to have the right supplies to remove the dirt properly. That means that you need to have the right cleaning solutions and tools to make the job a lot easier. There are a lot of cleaning solutions that you can choose from which are easily accessible in the kitchen. The same goes for the tools which can be bought in the supermarket.
For cleaning solutions, there are plenty of options to choose from aside from the usual mild soap. A reservoir cleaning tablets can be used to remove any buildup inside the hose. Another option is baking soda and household bleach which is readily available in the kitchen. To create a solution, you simply need to combine it with the right amount of water and you are good to go.
Another option that I can recommend is lemon juice. This type of juice can remove strong odors that are normally found inside the hose or even in the hydration bladder. You can also use vinegar as a possible cleaning solution as it can remove the dirt inside the hose.
The availability of a hydration water cleaning kit will make it easy for you to clean the Camelback tube and even the other parts of the hydration pack such as the bladder. This kit includes the brushes which are made to fit the tube and the bladder to reach the most difficult parts of the hydration reservoir. A scrubbing brush is an option but this will only clean the open spaces and will not be effective on the hard-to-reach portion of the tube and the bladder. Meanwhile, if you do not have the cleaning kit, a knotted cord can be used to clean the inside part of the hose.
How to dry a Camelbak tube? After cleaning the tube and the bladder, you need to make it dry and you need equipment to do it properly. A clothes hanger can make the bladder quickly while the paper towel can make it wide open when put in the opening of the hydration packs. For the tube, it is easy to let it dry by just hanging it in a comfortable place.
Cleaning the Tube without Removing the Hydration Bladder
In cleaning the tube without removing the ladder, you need to already choose and prepare the cleaning solution that will be used. You do not need a lot of cleaning solution, about 3 to 4 ounces is fine and can do the job.
- The first step is to put the cleaning solution inside the hydration bladder. Then close the bladder tightly and shake. Shaking it will clean and remove all the dirt inside
- After that, you need to clean the tube by simply applying the pressure to the bladder and simply squeezing the mouthpiece to create the pressure and remove the dirt inside the tube
- After that, wash the bladder and the tube to remove the smell of the cleaning solution. You only need to fill the bladder with water and shake it again. If you have the scrubbing brush, use it to clean the bladder to remove all the remnants of the cleaning solution
- For the tube, use the same process of applying the pressure of the bladder and squeezing the mouthpiece to remove the cleaning solution inside the hose as the water goes out while cleaning the tube at the same time
Cleaning the Camelbak Tube by Removing from the Bladder
You also have the option to remove the tube from the bladder to thoroughly clean it including the inside part of the hose. For this to be effective, you need to have the cleaning kit especially made for hydration packs to make the cleaning more effective and to remove all the dirt in the tube.
- The first thing to do is remove the tube from the bladder using pliers and a rag. Dampen the rag and put it around the insertion point and use the pliers to loosen it. Once you loosen the tube, slowly pull it off to separate it from the bladder
- The next step is to remove the mouthpiece from the tube to make the cleaning more convenient
- Used the Camelback cleaning brush kit particularly the hose cleaning brush in removing the dirt inside the tube. You need to make the brush wet and stick it inside and then pull it out. You will see the dirt in the brush once you pull it out from the hose
- The next step is to clean the other side of the hose using a similar process
- After cleaning the inside part of the hose, you simply need to run the water through it until you begin to notice that the water is clean when coming out on the other side of the hose. You can even pour a cleaning solution of your choice to clean it more effectively
- Finally, connect the tube back to the bladder and reinsert the mouthpiece back to the tube
Who says cleaning the hose of the hydration pack is not an easy thing to do. If you know the right way on how to clean a Camelbak tube, then this routine will be a breeze. I have shown you the right cleaning process that you can use when cleaning it. All you need to have is the right cleaning solutions and tools to do the most effective way of removing dirt found in the Camelbak tube.