Large groups are divided into smaller groups to utilize our “Station Rotation Plan” – a modular program that can be customized to suit your time schedule, group size and budget. By rotating through the various activities, everyone is always occupied doing something fun and educational.
|Activity||Moaning Cavern||California Cavern||Black Chasm Cavern|
|Cavern Tour *||X||X||X|
|Gemstone Mining OR Gold Panning *||X||X||X|
|Nature Trail – guided *||X|
|“People and Caves” Talk||X||X||X|
*There is a charge for this activity
** A quiet activity that is provided by the teacher.
To see the school rates and if your group qualifies for the school discount, click here.
Call us to plan your next school field trip. We will be happy to assist you in determining the very best configuration of activities for your group.
Locally our number is 209-736-2708, or out of area, toll free 866-762-2837.
Please keep in mind that spring and fall are the busy times for field trips and tend to sell-out fast. It is recommended that you reserve well in advance and that you have several possible dates to choose from when you call in case your first and second choices are not available.
When calling to reserve, please have the following information –
– Which cavern you want to visit
– How many students, and how many adults (including teachers)
– The dates you want to choose from
– An arrival time
– School’s info – name, phone number, mailing address
– Contact person’s name and phone # (if different from school’s)
– An idea of which activities, in addition to the cavern tour, that you are interested in doing.